Monday, May 2, 2011

Burden Bearers

Who are your Burden Bearers? The ones who truly understand you? Who walk beside you? Who either "get" you at a heart level, or at least honestly admit that they can't but try to listen with compassion anyway?

Do you have someone like that in your life? I hope so! I know not everyone does. :( If you don't, please share how I can be praying for and with you!

I've been blessed with some wonderful Burden Bearers in my life. Not always. And not at every painful season I've ever walked. But on the grand scale I've been blessed non-the-less, probably more than most.

Even when others where there, trying to care, they did not always do so perfectly, sometimes unintentionally hurting me along the way. As one friend described it, "It's like two porcupines trying to give one another a hug." Sometimes we hurt those we most love, through the very acts we offer out of desire to comfort.

Today I want to take a moment and stop to say thank you to one very precious Burden Bearer I am blessed to also call, "Mom." I was thrilled to learn today that an essay I wrote about the way she has walked with me through Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has been selected as one of the top five finalists in the very first "Fibromyalgia Mom of the Year" contest!

Would you please take a moment to read about Betty Camp, my amazing mom, at the National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association? And if you are willing to take just a couple moments more, I would greatly appreciate if you would register for a username (you will be required to supply an email address, but can uncheck any auto-subscriptions for email) and then give Mom's story a 5-star rating! The grand prize winner will be determined by public vote between now and May 9, with the final decision announced on May 12, 2011, national Fibromyalgia and CFIDS Awarness Day.

1 comment:

Leslie Basil Payne said...

Congratulations!
And you are so right...there is no way I could have made it through without the love and prayers of my Mom. (And my Dad's arms where I so often cried.) Thank the Lord for loving parents.