If you have a Facebook account (or know someone who does, or you are considering getting one), please keep reading! If you followed this blog very long at all, you've heard me mention the Whittemore Peterson Institute many times. I am so very thankful for this research organization and the hope they bring to not only me personally, but to millions with M.E., CFS, Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, Gulf War Illness, a-typical MS, Autism, and more.
The Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) is 1 out of 100 charities that won a $25,000.00 grant during the first round of Chase Community Giving. Now, WPI is competing for a $500,000.00 grant, and you can help! Please cast your vote, ask your Facebook friends to vote, and spread the word about the important work of WPI. If you have a Facebook account, please cast your vote for WPI by following the instructions below through May 25th at 9 pm PST. (Just under 4 days left!)
1. From your Facebook page, go to Chase Community Giving: http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving.
2. "Like" Chase Community Giving by clicking on the "Like" button.
3. Now search for Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease.
4. Cast your vote for WPI by clicking the "Vote Now!" button.
5. Please remember our neuro-immune disease community and share in the Love and Giving by voting for other organizations who speak to your heart -- you can vote for up to 5 organizations per Facebook account.
CHASE COMMUNITY GIVING: BIG IDEA
The Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease (WPI) was created to answer a critical need for discovery and medical treatments for those with serious illnesses that impact the body and the brain. These often debilitating and life-long diseases, including M.E., CFS, fibromyalgia, post Lyme disease, GWI and autism, have too few medical solutions. WPI continues to make significant strides through the work of our innovative research program.
Translating novel research into effective patient treatments for millions around the world will begin with the opening of our 10,000 sq. ft. medical facility. Here we can engage in revealing clinical trials and provide on site care to those who are unable to afford care. We require funding for initial expenses and to establish a patient fund. WPI’s commitment to discovery has already inspired much hope worldwide. Now it is time to put hope into action by offering meaningful patient care to these under-served populations.