Monday, June 14, 2010

Prayer Team

I am currently building a prayer team to be my backbone of support as I continue moving forward with the writing of my book on the life of Paul as a support resource for living with chronic pain/illness. If you are passionate about these topics and committed to prayer, please send me an email at jsaake AT yahoo DOT com with PRAYER TEAM in the title, telling me your story or why you would like to be part of my prayer team in one or two paragraphs. I am being fairly selective in the handful of people I invite to join the blog where I am vulnerably sharing the ups and downs of my writing journey, so I may need some time to get to know you before I send you an invitation to my team. Thank you for considering partnering with me in prayer!

Hannah's Hope took me nearly 10 years to write, from first dreams and prayers and scribblings to completed manuscript. I'm sicker now and have more kids, but I also have the experience of one prior book, so only God knows the time line He will unfold with this new book. Since Hannah's Hope has been published for 5 years already, I guess you could say we are 5 years into this new book (though I only just put an outline to paper earlier this year) and currently it seems pretty realistic that I could well be another 5 years from submittable manuscript. I'm intentionally not yet seeking a publisher because I want the freedom to write at the pace God places things on my heart, not be scrambling to meet publisher deadlines.

No comments: