Monday, April 11, 2011

Weakness in Strength

This blog is about finding strength in the midst of weakness, but I love Lysa TerKeurst's thoughts today about how, "We are only as weak as our strongest link." Yup, if that statement make you scratch your head, you probably read it right. If it didn't make you do a double take, read it again! Here's more from Lisa about recognizing the weaknesses of our strengths.

While we are thinking about weakness and strength, this great reminder from Tricia Goyer on a recent homeschooling interview sure caught my attention. "Don't compare. We always compare our weaknesses to other people's strengths!" I can apply this to my life in so many areas and love the reminder that God has a unique plan for my life. Strengths, weaknesses and all, this is the life God has given to me and to me alone. I don't need to measure up to anyone else's standards because I'm not called to live anyone else's life.

No comments: