Monday, March 28, 2011

Paws for Comfort

Did you there are tiny, precious "service dogs" trained just for helping out folks with chronic pain? Their gift is heat as they lay across shoulders or other areas of pain for their beloved owners, sharing body heat as a living "heating pad." An organization called Paws for Comfort® "is particularly dedicated to increasing public awareness of under recognized populations of people coping with chronic illnesses, especially invisible conditions, such as Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome."

Xoloitzcuintli (a rare breed also known as the "Mexican Hairless") can be specifically raised to assist in chronic pain relief. They are tiny so as not to add to pain with too much weight. They are also hairless, a wonderful benefit for those with allergies! Check out Paws for Comfort® to learn more. :)

1 comment:

Ruth J Leamy said...

This is so wonderful! My cat has been so helpful when I have migraines (the purring sound helps, somehow) or when my back hurts (heat against me) or when I was pregnant (he'd sit on my back just where I hurt!).